Honeydew Melon Ice Cream (raw, vegan)

reading time: ca. 1 min



Quick 2-ingredient ice cream without ice cream maker

Preparation time: 5 mins + 3 hours freezing time
Main ingredients: banana, honeydew melon
difficulty level: easy, fool-proof
serves: 1-2
suitable for: vegan, lactose-free, gluten-free, nut-free, paleo, raw food, and delicious "even so"

Summer is coming, and so is my craving for sweet cooling nana icecream. Guess what i turned the rest of my Honeydew Melon from yesterday's breakfast into...

On a more personal note, i have decided to take a more relaxed view on things and especially on the standard period of study. Instead of pushing myself to complete my masters program in 4 semesters at all costs, i will allow myself to take the time i need, and perhaps extend my studies for another semester. Such a good feeling! Now i can enjoy my study a bit more, do it at my own pace and maybe even attend some seminars without getting any credit points. Enjoy life! You've only got this one for now. 

Ingredients

3 ripe bananas
about 1/3 of a honeydew melon

also:
- a high-speed blender or food processor (NO NEED FOR AN ICE CREAM MAKER!)


Instructions

You know how it works: First, prepare your bananas as you would for a basic banana ice cream (peal your banana, break or cut into pieces, let sit in freezer for a few hours, put frozen banana pieces into your blending machine and blend until creamy smooth). Do the same with your melon: chop and freeze before blending!

Now add the frozen melon pieces and blend again until everything becomes a frothy, creamy mass. I puréed it extra long in my food processor to make it even fluffier. Using a spatula, spoon or in my case an ice cream scoop, fill everything into a nice bowl and indulge :)

I love how sweet but subtle the melon flavour overcasts the banana. Not too much, not too faint, just the perfect summer treat!

BTW: This is the ice cream bowl that i used to make the boobie-shaped rice hills for my Curry Coconut Rice Stir-Fry, my Spicy Pineapple Coconut Curry and my Tomato Ginger Chickpea Curry if you remember :)


Don't even think for a minute that the amount of ice cream in the pretty little ice cream bowl is all that came out of this! Nope - check out the picture below to see the actual amount that i spooned away merrily for breakfast :D


YUM!


Other gorgeous ice creams you might enjoy:

http://be-alice.blogspot.com/2014/07/stracciatella-ice-cream-raw-vegan.html
Stracciatella Ice Cream (raw, vegan)
http://be-alice.blogspot.com/2014/07/pina-colada-pineapple-ice-cream-raw.html
"Pina Colada" Pineapple Ice Cream (raw, vegan)


Note: This is part of my raw vegan Ice Cream Galore this month!



Maisy

0 Comments